May 15, 2009

MOTHER'S DAY AT THE PARK

Mother's Day has come and gone once again. This year I must admit I had my reservations as usual about it being "Mother's" day. I had decided early on that I would do something different and take the afternoon away from the family. I know that may sound odd to some, but I have been in such need of a break from all the bodies and voices at home. So, my dear husband was planning to pack me a picnic lunch of my favorite foods; roast beef sandwich on rye, chips, pickle, iced tea and I would get myself an ice cream as a treat. Sounds good to me!! Anyway, Sunday came and the weather was just too nice to spend it by myself. I rushed home from church and packed a picnic for the family. Sandwiches, chips, watermelon and drinks. I surprised them by inviting them to the park with me. It was a wonderful time for all. Emma enjoyed the playground toys and the girls enjoyed hiking the trails. My husband and I just enjoyed relaxing with no phones or requests. It was probably my best Mother's Day!! I say that because often I am the one to spoil the fun times planned by the kids. A fancy meal is not what I want and seeing them all running around the house trying to make everything perfect is just too stressful for me!! I want to get away and just do nothing!! This year we did just that and I am very thankful for that opportunity. Thanks kids!! I enjoyed having a day off and just hanging with you all. :)





No comments: