March 6, 2009

Nadya

Nadya with BF Abby in Ct. 2006
Beach Babe on Cape Cod 2006



Photo shoot with sister Aimee. 2007


Bekki and Princess Nadya 2004

Well, spring is almost here!! I can feel it in the air and smell the emerging grass and tiny sprouts pushing their way thru the ground. Isn't God great to give us spring after a long cold winter.

I thought I would share some of my daughter Nadya's daily life with you all. It's not all that exciting, but she is growing up before out eyes and I thought she needed some special attention.
Nadya is 13 and thinks she is ready to take on the world. I think that is pretty much what all 13 year olds think. Having several older sisters gives her a view into the gradual freedoms that have been earned and much to her dismay she will have to wait, just like them. My husband and I set our own standard and decided that a cell phone was not necessary until they were working and/or driving. Most of Nadya's school friends have their own cell phones and that makes it very difficult for us and for her trying to fit in. Clothing is also another area that we have tried to adress among the skimpy dress we see everywhere in elementary school and soon in middle school. That is very disturbing to us so we have made a prayerful decision to home school next year and perhaps for Nadya's future years. She will be part of a program called PEP, Providence Extension Program. Our daughter, Bekki, is graduating grom that program in May with a graduation ceremony and diploma. Anyway, this will be a new journey for Nadya and I think she will do very well.

Some things about Nadya:

Compassionate, especially towards animals


Servant, best helper in the house


Strong Willed, Lord help me!!


Smart, very!

Artistic in many different areas


Desires to grow up way to fast


Can argue with the best of them, should be a lawyer


Thoughtful


Loyal


Inquisitive
There you have it. :)












































1 comment:

Arielle said...

I haven't been to anyone's blog in ages, not even my own! It was fun to catch up with some of your girls! What a great family!!!! :0)